I’ve been using the same hosting company for years. But it might be time to move.
The current plan
We’re running two separate sites with our host, and it costs $4/month for each one. Plus we pay about $20/year for each .com domain – that includes a $9 fee for private whois info. Adding another site adds $4/month. I can host unlimited sites for $24/month, but that just seems steep to me.
For one year of hosting and domain registration, we’re paying about $136. Now that I’m thinking about adding a site or two, there must be a better option.
Here’s what I’m looking for in a host:
- PHP & MySQL (kind-of a given, if WordPress is supported)
- Multiple domains on one account (at least 5, but preferably unlimited)
- Cheap rates (less than $8/month, if possible)
- No longer than 12-month prepayment (our current hosting is monthly payment with no setup fee, but that seems pretty rare)
- Kick-butt customer service
- Impressive uptime
- Decent bandwidth and storage space
What do you suggest?
I’ve done a bit of browsing around the net, but the options are just mind-boggling. I figured this would be a good time to tap your brains.
What host do you use, and why? What host(s) did you wrong? Let’s talk in the comments!
If you have an affiliate link, please include it in your comment. If I go with your host, I’ll be sure to use that link. If multiple people post links to the same host, I’ll likely use the link from the most helpful commenter.
[tags]web hosting, hosting[/tags]
Get more legal tips