One of the popular features around here is the Kill Your Mouse series I wrote a while back. I was pleased to learn this morning that another blog is now starting a similar thread of posts.
I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on this “no mouse required” category over at Cranking Widgets. I love my new Bluetooth mouse, but I also love the keyboard.
Here’s my contribution to the “no mouse required” for email post.
- Use Alt+Tab to switch to your browser or Ctrl+Tab to get to your Gmail tab.
- Press C to open a blank email compose page.
- Your cursor should begin in the “To” field, so just type the recipient’s email address.
- Press Tab to get to the “Subject” field, then type your subject.
- Use Tab again to get to the “Body.” Type your email.
- When you’re ready to send, press Tab, Enter. Off your email goes!
Do you have a great keyboard hack to make email more efficient? Please post a comment or drop me a line.
[tags]legal andrew, cranking widgets, email, outlook, gmail[/tags]
Get more legal tips