People have many different viewpoints about revealing your identity on your blog. Some suggest being anonymous. Others argue that you should openly be yourself. I’m trying to figure out what you think.
Simply put, here are some of the reasons I have my name (and even picture!) on this blog:
- It makes the blog more personal
- It promotes transparency
- The real name and picture make me real to readers
- It enhances reader trust in me
- I can control Google search results for my name
- My online image is what I make it
- This blog actually enhances my resume
Granted, I’m really a “baby blogger,” since I’ve only been seriously blogging since August. But these are my reasons for not being anonymous.
What are yours?
I’m curious to know what your take is on this. Do you blog anonymously or under a pseudonym? Why or why not? Are some of my reasons crazy? Please, prove me wrong.
[tags]legal andrew, anonymous blogging[/tags]
Get more legal tips